°11 June 1969
Worked successfully in international companies ranging from 1,600 to 200,000 employees across many countries and cultures. Led large and international teams. Controlled multimillion budgets. Combined business responsibility with HR responsibilities. Experience in Telecom, FMCG, Machine Manufacturing and Services Industry. Leadership as red thread. Entrepreneur.
Areas of expertise include
- Strategic & international HR Leadership
- Business Leadership
- Full HR experience and know-how
- Leading organisations
- Evidence-based HR
- Change Management
- Entrepreneurial Skills
Recruited by the CEO to design and execute a culture change process. Leading HR, Communication & Facility Management for 1600 employees across 4 countries. Leading a business division of 23 million € revenue. Providing direct leadership for 230 employees.
Member of the Executive Committee since 01/2017.
Chief People Officer
01/2007 – present
- Strategic HR for the Securex Group (B – F – NL – LUX)
- Introduced a new integrated people strategy to support culture change. Investors in People accreditation in 2010 and 2013.
- Achieved a major cultural change, leading to productivity gains and cost efficiencies. Focus on Leadership.
- Achieved a reduction of employee attrition by 80%, leading to an increase of service quality, customer retention.
- Leads HR service innovation, leading to new extended services.
- Simplification of People processes
- Since July 2015 responsible for customer connection activities
General Manager “Individuals” Business
07/2011 – 12/2015-2016
- 23 million € Revenue business – Health Care – Child Allowances.
- Services towards 200,000 customers.
- Brought business back to 3,9% profitability in 2014 after a long period of losses. Responsible of carve-out and merger of Health Care Unit with Partena (until 12/2016).
- One year ad interim responsible for corporate marketing (2014-2015).
Case New Holland (Fiat)
Country HR Director Belgium – Netherlands
06/2004 – 01/2007
- Country HRM for 2500 people across 2-3 countries (1 year Denmark)
- Building a local HR approach in a highly international context.
- Restructuring of HR operations.
- Collective bargaining (Flexibility, CLA 32, Shutdowns).
Global HR Key Account Director (Düsseldorf)
04/2003 – 05/2004
- Global HR for the staff functions.
- HR support for the creation of a shared service center.
Corporate Recruitment Manager (Düsseldorf)
03/2000 – 02/2003
- Responsible for global talent acquisition.
- Introduced a global employer brand.
- Created a global recruitment platform.
- Enhanced attractiveness of Henkel as an employer.
- Projects in Europe, China, Middle East, US.
HR Key Account Manager SBU Henkel & Schwarzkopf Cosmetics (Düsseldorf)
05/1999 – 03/2000
- Global HR for the international Marketing Units.
- Reduction of employee attrition by 50%.
HR Manager Henkel Belgium N.V. (Brussels)
09/1996 – 04/1999
- Operational HR for the Brussels Site.
- Implementation of a multicountry HRIS.
Teaching and Research Assistant, University Gent
10/1994 – 08/1996
- Research and Consultancy on Telework.
- Teaching on technology in the workplace.
Alcatel (now a part of Nokia)
Management Training & Counselling Officer, Alcatel
02/1993 – 09/1994
- Design and delivery of Management Training.
- Internal Consultancy in Belgium and France.
- Strategy and digital disruption – INSEAD (2017)
- Leading Change – London Business School (2016)
- Senior Executive Programme – London Business School (2015)
- Certified Personal Coach – Antwerp Management School (2009)
- Complementary Studies in Management, distinction – Vlerick Business School (1994)
- Master in Work & Organisational Psychology, highest distinction – Ugent (1992)
- Various Executive and Non-Executive Board Memberships (MLOZ, VMOB Hospitalia, M-Team, Health Insurer Securex, Securex Consult N.V., CNH Belgium NV, NH Tractor Ltd, Gent Alumni, HR Managers Association).
- Co-Founder and President of HRPro.be, the Belgian association of HR Professionals (2016).
- Co-Founder and Former President of GAP vzw.
- Nominated as HR Manager of the year (2013) – HR Ambassador (2014) – Trends HR Manager (2015) – Awarded Alterfohrum award for humanistic HR (2013)
- Keynote Speaker and Blogger on HR and Leadership (since 1996). Founder of hrchitects.net.
- Co-Author of “Mijn Werk. Maatwerk”, a book on customized HR (2013). Author of “Sustainable Leadership. How to lead in a VUCA-world.” (2016).
- Proficient in MS Office, social media, wordpress, iMovie.
- Proficient in Dutch – German – English – French
Kleine Kerkhofstraat 1
00 32 479 91 08 67